SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTE REGARDING APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 ENTRANCE (updated 4/13/2020)We recognize that students will be impacted in complex, diverse, and unique ways during the COVID-19 crisis. Please remember that Duke uses holistic review of applicants for fairness and thoughtful review. We will continue to update this section as we make decisions regarding applications for 2020-2021. Deadlines: At this time, application deadlines have not changed with regards to our AAMC deadline of October 15th and Duke Secondary application of November 15th. If this changes we will update our website and MSAR with these details. Applications completed between July and September will still be considered "early".
At this time, we will begin reviewing completed applications by mid-August and our goal is to start inviting applicants for interviews by September.
April of applicant's junior year in college:
- Meet with pre-medical advisor
- Take MCAT
Summer after junior year:
- With help of advisor, decide where to apply by June 1.
- AMCAS releases new applications.
2nd week of July until October 15, 2020 (11:59 PM EST):
Duke receives completed and verified AMCAS applications.
The second week of July Duke sends invitations to complete the DukeMed Supplemental Application.
2nd week of July until November 15, 2020 (11:59 PM EST):
Duke receives DukeMed Supplementary Applications.*
Duke University School of Medicine screeners review applications.
Qualified applicants are invited to interview with Duke.
Early September (after Labor Day) to the end of January, 2021:
- Interview season**
Mid-Late February, 2021:
- Interview decisions will be made and applicants accepted will receive a personal call. Those applicants on the wait list or not being considered will be sent an email.
April 15, 2021:
- Adhering to the AMCAS guidelines for choosing a medical school, accepted applicants should hold no more than three acceptances, contacting those schools via email where they wish to withdraw. There is no limit to alternate list offers.
April 30, 2021:
- Continuing to adhere to the AMCAS guidelines, accepted applicant must "Plan to Enroll" only at Duke University School of Medicine and withdraw offers from all other MD, PCLT and/or MSTP (MD/PhD) programs. As of this date, AAMC Traffic Rules allow you to hold an active offer from only one MD, PCLT, or MSTP program. There is no limit to alternate list offers. The non-refundable $100 e-check tuition deposit must be received by Thursday, April 30, 2021 by 11:59 PM, EST. The $100 deposit will be added to your Fall tuition.
June 15, 2021:
- Applicants must "Commit to Enroll" at Duke University School of Medicine and withdraw all other wait list offers from other programs.
*Application deadline is November 15th at 11:59 PM EST
**Interview dates are subject to change.