SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTE REGARDING APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 ENTRANCE (updated 5/13/2021)
We recognize that students will be impacted in complex, diverse, and unique ways during COVID-19. Please remember that Duke uses holistic review of applicants for fairness and thoughtful review. We will continue to update this section as we make decisions regarding applications for 2021-2022.
Deadlines: Our AAMC deadline is October 15th and Duke Secondary application deadline is November 15th. We will begin reviewing completed applications by late-July/early-August and our goal is to start inviting applicants for interviews by the end of August.
April of applicant's junior year in college:
- Meet with pre-medical advisor
- Take MCAT
Summer after junior year:
- With help of advisor, decide where to apply by June 1.
- AMCAS releases new applications.
July until October 15, 2021 (11:59 PM EST):
Duke receives completed and verified AMCAS applications.
The last week of July Duke sends invitations to complete the DukeMed Supplemental Application.
2nd week of July until November 15, 2021 (11:59 PM EST):
Duke receives DukeMed Supplementary Applications.*
Duke University School of Medicine screeners review applications.
Qualified applicants are invited to interview with Duke. Invitations to interview will be sent starting late August until early January 2022.
Early September (after Labor Day) to early February, 2022:
- Virtual Interview season**
Mid-Late February, 2022:
- Final decisions will be made and applicants accepted will receive a personal call. Those applicants on the wait list or not being considered will be sent an email.
April 15, 2022:
- Adhering to the AMCAS guidelines for choosing a medical school, accepted applicants should hold no more than three acceptances, contacting those schools via email where they wish to withdraw. There is no limit to alternate list offers.
May 2, 2022:
- Continuing to adhere to the AMCAS guidelines, accepted applicant must "Plan to Enroll" only at Duke University School of Medicine and withdraw offers from all other MD, PCLT and/or MSTP (MD/PhD) programs. As of this date, AAMC Traffic Rules allow you to hold an active offer from only one MD, PCLT, or MSTP program. There is no limit to alternate list offers. The non-refundable $100 e-check tuition deposit must be received by Monday, May 2, 2022 by 11:59 PM, EST. The $100 deposit will be added to your Fall tuition.
June 15, 2022***:
- Applicants must "Commit to Enroll" at Duke University School of Medicine and withdraw all other wait list offers from other programs.
*Application deadline is November 15th at 11:59 PM EST
**Interview dates are subject to change.
***Final Commit to Enroll decision could change to earlier dates TBD