Are you interested in applying and would like to know more about the program? Please view a recording from an information session held on Thursday, January 4th, 2024. Access the recording here.
Duke PRIME-PREP participants must be recent baccalaureate graduates from an accredited U.S. University (within the last 36 months) in the biomedical or behavioral sciences and must belong to underrepresented groups in these sciences as defined by the National Institutes of Health.
Such candidates include individuals from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (socially, culturally, economically, or educationally). Nationally, racial and ethnic groups who have been found to be underrepresented in biomedical/behavioral research include, but are not limited to, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians, Alaska Natives/Native Hawaiians, and citizens of the U.S. Pacific Islands.
Duke PRIME-PREP participants must be U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please complete the online application, which includes a request for:
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
- Undergraduate transcript
- Statement of Purpose which includes a description of previous research experience (if applicable) and why you would like to be selected for Duke PRIME-PREP. We encourage you to browse our list of Duke PRIME-PREP research mentors to identify mentors who align with your research interests.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters from current and past research mentors are highly recommended.
If you have questions, please email: PRIMEPREP@duke.edu
Instructions to Apply
To apply, visit this link.
Returning Users Login – If you have active Duke NetID or OneLink ID, use this option to start, continue, or check the status of your application.
First Time Users – If you do not have an active Duke NetID or OneLink account, use this option to create a Duke OneLink account. Once that is set up, you will Log in as a Returning User.
- Application Process Opens: December 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: February 23, 2024
- Selection Notification: April 1, 2024
- Program Begins July 10, 2024