Participants in the Duke PRIME-PREP Program receive:
- 12 month paid research experience with access to health benefits.
- Research mentoring by Duke faculty in their chosen field who are experienced with preparing individuals for Graduate School.
- An immersive research experience in an active and dynamic laboratory.
- Access to state of the art facilities and the ability to perform research in a collaborative and open environment.
- Practical exposure to two to three laboratories before selecting one to join for the remainder of the year.
- Access to GRE test preparation services and tutoring opportunities.
- Exposure to graduate level course work that supplements and reinforces information learned in lab.
- One-on-One career coaching with support in resumé and graduate school application preparation.
- Access to Peer Mentors that can provide firsthand advice on what it takes to succeed as a graduate student today.
- Professional development workshops focusing on communication and writing as well as goal setting, motivation, and perseverance.
- Participation in the PRIME-PREP journal club and formal training in reading and presenting primary literature.
- Networking opportunities including lab meetings, group journal clubs, presentation of research findings at an Annual Symposium, and support to attend a National Meeting and present research findings.