Duke PRIME-PREP participants must be recent baccalaureate graduates from an accredited U.S. University (within the last 36 months) in the biomedical or behavioral sciences and must belong to underrepresented groups in these sciences as defined by the National Institutes of Health.
Such candidates include individuals from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (socially, culturally, economically, or educationally). Nationally, racial and ethnic groups who have been found to be underrepresented in biomedical/behavioral research include, but are not limited to, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians, Alaska Natives/Native Hawaiians, and citizens of the U.S. Pacific Islands.
Duke PRIME-PREP participants must be U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please complete the online application, which includes a request for:
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
- Undergraduate transcript
- Statement of Purpose which includes a description of previous research experience (if applicable) and why you would like to be selected for Duke PRIME-PREP. We encourage you to browse our list of Duke PRIME-PREP research mentors to identify mentors who align with your research interests.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters from current and past research mentors are highly recommended.
If you have questions, please email: PRIMEPREP@duke.edu
Instructions to Apply
- Duke PRIME-PREP uses the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications.
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal;
- Click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available - Please review the guide here;
- Enter Access Code “PRIMEPREP” and follow the instructions;
- Select the “Duke PRIME PREP” and follow the instructions.
- For questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-668-4774.
- Application Process Opens: December 9, 2022
- Application Deadline: February 17, 2023
- Selection Notification: April 28, 2023
- Program Begins 1st week of July 2023