The MMCi program has built career development into its curriculum, as everything we do is meant to inspire and introduce the next wave of leadership into the health care industry. In addition to networking and exposure to industry professionals, the team structure of the coursework purposefully recreates the real-world interaction that our graduates will encounter in their careers.
MMCi’s proprietary Career Development program, created expressly for the Program by its Executive Coach and Career Development Director, Ellen Jane Baker, focuses on enhancing the careers of both recent graduates and experienced professionals, and is designed to foster growth and leadership across a variety of industries and specialties. MMCi has created a culture of “paying it forward” where every graduate in invested in the Career success of every new student.
The Career Development curriculum centers around collaboration and teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills and involves a variety of components:
- Individual executive coaching sessions
- Walk up hours during class weekends
- Specialized courses for international students and MDs
- Videotaped interview and presentation practice
- Themed panels with thought leaders and industry experts
- Personal Assessment and Definition of Career Goals
- Creation of a Marketing Strategy
- Instruction and Practice in Networking including Informational and Job Interviews Utilizing the MMCi and Duke Networks
- Evaluating and Negotiating Job Offers
- Leveraging Experiential Learning Opportunities
MMCI Career Development Director
“My initial attraction to MMCi was the distinctive course offering, positioned at the highly relevant crossroads of healthcare, information technology, and business administration. MMCi proved to be about so much more than a strong curriculum. It was about the people. The opportunity to interact with such a diverse group of individuals, both educators and peers, each with an undeniable passion for improving healthcare, is unrivaled. My personal and professional growth in the program has paved the way for a fulfilling career, where I truly feel I have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the revolution of health care. I am proud to call myself an MMCi alum.”