Resources to support the Duke University School of Medicine community in planning and achieving its equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) goals.
EDI Data Navigator
This guide is intended to:
- Support EDI strategy assessment, enhancement, and development
- Enhance access and use of existing data, dashboards, and reports
- Provide direction on available expertise for ad hoc analytics requests
- Communicate about forthcoming resources to support efforts
- Data are managed, analyzed, and reported by a range of offices using varying approaches, including some public-facing and restricted-access dashboards, standing reports, and ad-hoc studies.
- Many data, dashboards, and reports are, by design, accessible to select individuals and their use may be subject to Duke’s Data Classification Standard policies.
- Access may be limited to school and unit leaders, including chairs, chief administrative and business officers, HR representatives, and EDI leaders.
- Data definitions, such as race/ethnicity groupings, may vary across data sources and reports.
- Many available data and reports focus on select constituent groups, such as faculty, staff, health professions and biomedical sciences learners, and postdoctoral trainees.
- The timing of data collection and reporting varies across sources.
- It is not necessarily possible to link or match data across data, dashboards, or reports in this guide.
- This guide provides information on frequently used data and reports that support EDI strategy development and enhancement. It is not exhaustive of all data and reports available.
- A broader set of data resources available at Duke can be found on the Racial Equity at Duke website.
Contact us with questions about this resource.
Strategy and Planning Resources
AAMC Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Planning Toolkit: This guide provides nine essential tasks to help navigate the diversity and inclusion strategic planning process.
AAMC Data and Reports: See EDI-related data and reports from AAMC.
University of Michigan: Building an Institutional DEI Strategic Plan: The toolkit represents U-M’s efforts to share its model, as well as what has been learned by implementing this plan to the larger community.
Contact us with questions or if you need assistance with EDI Planning.