REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed to support data capture. REDCap was developed by Vanderbilt’s CTSA and is currently used and supported by thousands of consortium partners across the globe. REDCap at Duke is managed and supported by the Duke Office of Clinical Research (DOCR) Research Management Team, located in the School of Medicine. RMT provides research and data management support to investigators across Duke.
- HIPAA-compliant and secure – data are stored on DHTS servers behind Duke firewall
- Intuitive, web-based interface for database build, data entry, reporting
- Data validation, audit trail, branching logic, calculated fields
- Data dictionary for easy project edits, duplication
- Automated data export (.csv, SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- Data import from external sources
- Ability to add users external to Duke
- Can be used for electronic consent (eConsent)
- Can support data collection via text messages or phone calls. Click here for a demonstration of this feature. (Requires DOCR support, complete the request form for a quote)
- Main page: https://redcap.duke.edu/redcap/
Advantages of Using REDCap @ Duke
- DOCR’s instance of REDCap has been systematically tested and validated.
- School of Medicine supports infrastructure costs associated with DOCR’s instance of REDCap, including dedicated servers, daily backups, application updates, and software validation.
- DOCR initial consultations are free. Contact us – DOCR’s data managers and analysts can help you find the best data collection solution for your project.
- Contracting with DOCR is often less expensive than hiring your own staff because you do not have to find, hire, and train staff, or worry about staff turnover.
- DOCR provides training classes in the use of REDCap, available in the LMS system.
- DOCR Build: DOCR will consult and build a database to your specifications. The only cost to you is the percentage of the programmer’s effort needed to complete the work. There are no licensing or overhead fees.
- Study Team Build: Study teams may build their own databases in REDCap for free. DOCR provides support at no cost for builders and projects during weekly office hours.
Email email@example.com to indicate which of the following times you would like a DOCR team member to schedule a WebEx with you.
- Tuesdays, 10am-11am
- Wednesdays, 10am-11am
- Thursdays, 2pm-3pm
- Fridays, 10am-11am
- Log in with your NetID here and follow prompts
- Log out of REDCap. You will receive a verification email, click on link to verify
- Request New/Test Project here
REDCap Registration Instructions
All users must have a valid REDCap account and agreed to the Secure Usage Agreement (SUA), by verifying their email address, before access can be assigned. This will prevent delays when completing your request.
Request New Project
Click here to request a new REDCap project.
Click here to add new user, change user's rights, or remove user from a REDCap project.
REDCap Secure Usage Policy
The REDCap Secure Usage Policy can be found clicking here.
REDCap RDSP Language
The REDCap RDSP Language can be found clicking here.
When using REDCap for data collection and management, please cite the publication as indicated here.
Contact the REDCap Team
For more information about REDCap, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.