Open Sans is the primary font for all Duke University School of Medicine communications. Multiple weights are available depending on application. It is available for free download via Google Fonts.
- Go to https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans
- Select the Download Family button" at the top right of the screen. It should download to the Downloads folder on your computer.
Install font on PC:
- Find zipped folder in downloads
- Unzip folder
- Find Search in the Start menu.
- Search for Fonts in settings.
- Click on the Fonts Folder to open the Font folder
- Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the individual fonts into the Fonts folder to install.
Install font on MAC:
Install the font via Mac’s Font Book located under Applications > Font Book.
- Drag and drop the font file into the Font Book app and click Install when prompted or
- Choose File > Add Fonts to Current User.
Roboto Slab can be used as an alternate headline font to add variety. It should only be used for headlines, not for body copy or any other application. It is available for free download via Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Slab
Arial is to be used only for inter-office communications and/or when OpenSans is unavailable. For information on using on web pages visit: http://developers.google.com/fonts/docs/getting_started