Take your career to the next level: Join the Research Professionals Network!
The Research Professionals Network (RPN) was established to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff in Duke Health to enhance their contributions to the research community through educational and networking opportunities. Interested research professionals can join our listserv at email@example.com.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide members with formal and informal professional development opportunities including workshops, lectures, discussion groups, and other community events.
- Foster networking amongst research professionals both within and outside of the Duke research community.
- Champion a culture of excellence within the Duke clinical research enterprise.
Next RPN Event
August 20th, 2020
Many teams have had to move to eConsent in order to continue their studies during COVID-19. Ceci Chamorro, a Manager, Information Systems with DOCR, will discuss how to quickly get started with eConsent in REDCap. She will discuss specific resources, where to find information to get started, and highlight the dos and do nots of eConsenting. Ceci will also provide a brief overview of key considerations such as: sending the eConsent to the HIM group to be uploaded into the participant’s medical record, CFR Part 11 compliance, assent, LARs, and non-English consents.
What You Should Know When Switching to eConsent
Speaker: Ceci Chamorro
RPN LinkedIn Group
The RPN LinkedIn group serves to promote networking and collaboration amongst members and other research professionals both within and outside of Duke Health. Group members are encouraged to use this platform to connect with other members, post discussion questions, share helpful resources and articles, and inform the network about other networking and professional development events in the area.
All meetings cover at least one interesting topic and include time for networking with your peers.
- Use this link to register for any of the upcoming RPN meetings
August 20th, 2020 | “What You Should Know When Switching to eConsent” | Speaker: Ceci Chamorro
September 24,2020 | “Team Science” | Speakers: Kristine Glauber and Jamie Wylie
October 22, 2020 | “Diversity in Clinical Research: What We’ve Learned” | Speaker:
November 19th, 2020 | “Leadership” | Speaker: Denise Snyder
December 10, 2020 |“Healthy Eating During Holidays” | Speakers: Hilary Miller and Laura Niederer
*All events will be hosted via Webex until otherwise posted.
Research Professionals Network Online
You can review the content from previous Research Professionals Network meetings using the following links.
- June 18, 2020 Task Management Practices and Tools for Clinical Research at Duke | View Webex | Slides
- May 28, 2020 | Developing your Growth Mindset | View Webex | Slides
- May 7, 2020 | Professional Portfolio Development – You Don’t Have to Hit Pause! | View Webex | Slides
- March 5, 2020 | Overview of Crucial Conversations | View Webex | Slides
- January 23, 2020 | Resume Preparation | View WebEx | Slides
- November 14, 2019 | Why Research Matters - Research Study-Bullous Pemphigold
- October 24, 2019 | Growth Mindset and Mentorship |
- September 18, 2019 | Exploring New Technologies and Learning Opportunities | View WebEx | Slides
- August 22, 2019 | Overview of the Clinical Quality Management Program | View WebEx | Slides
- July 25, 2019 | Improving Readability in Clinical Research | View WebEx | Slides
- June 6, 2019 | Project Management for Clinical Research: Myths, Realities, and Practicalities for Success | View WebEx | Presentation Slides | Overview of UNCW CLR Program
- April 18, 2019 | WebEx Tips and Tricks for Hosting Successful Online Meetings | View WebEx | Slides
- March 20, 2019 | Strategies for Building Your Professional Portfolio at Duke | View WebEx | Slides
- February 21, 2019 | Effective Communication: How to Avoid the Common Pitfalls and Maximize Professional Strengths | View WebEx | Slides | Handouts
- January 31, 2019 | Professionalism in Research | View WebEx | Slides
- December 6, 2018 | Social Networking
- November 8, 2018 | Long-term Preparation for Tier Advancement Panel Discussion
- October 19, 2018 | FDA Audits WebEx | View WebEx
- October 11, 2018 | Professionalism in Research Conversation Café
- September 13, 2018 | Showing Leadership at any Level Panel Discussion
- August 9, 2018 | Work-Life Integration Workshop
- June 7, 2018 | Professional Development and Certification Opportunities through SOCRA and ACRP
- May 16, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- April 23, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- April 19, 2018 | “Understanding Generational Differences and How They Impact the Workplace” by Keynote Speaker Dan Nagy
- March 21, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- March 14, 2018 | Making the Most of Your Performance Review | Slides
- January 2018 | RPN Relaunch Event “Networking 2.0” with Keynote Speaker Kris McGuigan
- November 2017 | Designing for Engagement, Recruitment and Retention: Do you see what they see? From Idea to Implementation | Slides
- September 2017 | Conversation Café: Shaping the Future of the RPN
- August 2017 | How to Introspectively Reset When Your Buttons are Pushed in the Workplace | Audio | Slides
- June 2017 | Tools and Strategies For Managing Multiple Projects | Audio | Slides
- April 2017 | Coordinator Self-Care in Therapeutic Areas Involving Bereavement | Audio
- March 2017 | There Is No "I" in "Team" | Audio | Slides
- February 2017 | Unlocking Your Leadership Potential | Audio
- September 2016 | What REDCap Can do For You
- August 2016 | Duke - UNC Collaborative | View
- June 2016 | Investigational Drug Services
- March 2016 | Office of Corporate Research Collaborations: When to use MTAs and DUAs
- January 2016 | Documenting Data Flow
- September 2015 | Having Difficult Conversations with Teammates, Employees and Managers
- August 2015 | Polishing Your Impromptu Presentation Skills
- June 2015 | Leadership in Health Care
- May 2015 | Thinking Beyond the Silos
- April 2015 | IRB Behind the Scenes
- March 2015 | Research Professionals Job Classifications