Take your career to the next level: Join the Research Professionals Network!
The Research Professionals Network (RPN) was established to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff in Duke Health to enhance their contributions to the research community through educational and networking opportunities. Interested research professionals can join our listserv at email@example.com.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide members with formal and informal professional development opportunities including workshops, lectures, discussion groups, and other community events.
- Foster networking amongst research professionals both within and outside of the Duke research community.
- Champion a culture of excellence within the Duke clinical research enterprise.
Next RPN Event
Why Research Matters – An Overview of a Research Study-Bullous Pemphigold
This presentation will take a look back at the investigator- initiated clinical research study “Rituximab in the treatment of patients with Bullous Pemphigoid” completed here at Duke by Dr. Russell Hall. We will look at this study from the perspective of the PI, study coordinator and a research participant. At the end of this presentation, we hope everyone will understand the importance of not only the clinical research itself, but the importance of all of those who work together to make sure the research can be accomplished.
RPN LinkedIn Group
The RPN LinkedIn group serves to promote networking and collaboration amongst members and other research professionals both within and outside of Duke Health. Group members are encouraged to use this platform to connect with other members, post discussion questions, share helpful resources and articles, and inform the network about other networking and professional development events in the area.
All meetings cover at least one interesting topic and include time for networking with your peers.
- Use this link to register for any of the upcoming RPN meetings
- November 14, 2019
Why Research Matters - Research Study-Bullous Pemphigold
- December 12, 2019
Social Networking Event
- January 23, 2020
Resume Preparation | Speaker- Jemma Boler
- February 20, 2020
Building your Portfolio for Tier Advancement: Writing Tips and Strategies | Speaker- Donna Crabtree
- March 5, 2020
Overview of Crucial Conversations | Speaker- Don Shortslef
- April 1, 2020 (Wednesday)
Implicit Bias in Clinical Research | Nadine J. Barrett, PhD., MA., MS
- May 28, 2020
Developing your Growth Mindset | Speaker- Steve Shipes
- June 18, 2020
Tools for Project Management | Speaker - Ted Snyderman
*All events will be held at Trent Semans Great Hall and begin at 1:00 pm unless otherwise noted
Research Professionals Network Online
You can review the content from previous Research Professionals Network meetings using the following links.
- October 24, 2019 | Growth Mindset and Mentorship |
- September 18, 2019 | Exploring New Technologies and Learning Opportunities | View WebEx | Slides
- August 22, 2019 | Overview of the Clinical Quality Management Program | View WebEx | Slides
- July 25, 2019 | Improving Readability in Clinical Research | View WebEx | Slides
- June 6, 2019 | Project Management for Clinical Research: Myths, Realities, and Practicalities for Success | View WebEx | Presentation Slides | Overview of UNCW CLR Program
- April 18, 2019 | WebEx Tips and Tricks for Hosting Successful Online Meetings | View WebEx | Slides
- March 20, 2019 | Strategies for Building Your Professional Portfolio at Duke | View WebEx | Slides
- February 21, 2019 | Effective Communication: How to Avoid the Common Pitfalls and Maximize Professional Strengths | View WebEx | Slides | Handouts
- January 31, 2019 | Professionalism in Research | View WebEx | Slides
- December 6, 2018 | Social Networking
- November 8, 2018 | Long-term Preparation for Tier Advancement Panel Discussion
- October 19, 2018 | FDA Audits WebEx | View WebEx
- October 11, 2018 | Professionalism in Research Conversation Café
- September 13, 2018 | Showing Leadership at any Level Panel Discussion
- August 9, 2018 | Work-Life Integration Workshop
- June 7, 2018 | Professional Development and Certification Opportunities through SOCRA and ACRP
- May 16, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- April 23, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- April 19, 2018 | “Understanding Generational Differences and How They Impact the Workplace” by Keynote Speaker Dan Nagy
- March 21, 2018 | Journal Club Meet-up
- March 14, 2018 | Making the Most of Your Performance Review | Slides
- January 2018 | RPN Relaunch Event “Networking 2.0” with Keynote Speaker Kris McGuigan
- November 2017 | Designing for Engagement, Recruitment and Retention: Do you see what they see? From Idea to Implementation | Slides
- September 2017 | Conversation Café: Shaping the Future of the RPN
- August 2017 | How to Introspectively Reset When Your Buttons are Pushed in the Workplace | Audio | Slides
- June 2017 | Tools and Strategies For Managing Multiple Projects | Audio | Slides
- April 2017 | Coordinator Self-Care in Therapeutic Areas Involving Bereavement | Audio
- March 2017 | There Is No "I" in "Team" | Audio | Slides
- February 2017 | Unlocking Your Leadership Potential | Audio
- September 2016 | What REDCap Can do For You
- August 2016 | Duke - UNC Collaborative | View
- June 2016 | Investigational Drug Services
- March 2016 | Office of Corporate Research Collaborations: When to use MTAs and DUAs
- January 2016 | Documenting Data Flow
- September 2015 | Having Difficult Conversations with Teammates, Employees and Managers
- August 2015 | Polishing Your Impromptu Presentation Skills
- June 2015 | Leadership in Health Care
- May 2015 | Thinking Beyond the Silos
- April 2015 | IRB Behind the Scenes
- March 2015 | Research Professionals Job Classifications