Take your career to the next level: Join the Research Professionals Network!
The Research Professionals Network (RPN) was established to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff in Duke Health to enhance their contributions to the research community through educational and networking opportunities, and to provide a platform for the recognition of skilled professionals in the community. Interested research professionals can join our listserv at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide members with formal and informal professional development opportunities including workshops, lectures, discussion groups, and other community events.
- Foster networking amongst members and other research professionals both within and outside of Duke Health.
- Encourage a culture of excellence, and reinforce the adaptation of the high standards of Duke Health.
RPN LinkedIn Group
The RPN LinkedIn group serves to promote networking and collaboration amongst members and other research professionals both within and outside of Duke Health. Group members are encouraged to use this platform to connect with other members, post discussion questions, share helpful resources and articles, and inform the network about other networking and professional development events in the area.
All meetings cover at least one interesting topic and include time for networking with your peers.
- Research Professionals Network are held monthly
- Unless otherwise posted, all presentations will take place in Trent Semans Great Hall from 1:00 pm– 2:00 pm
- Use this link to register for any of the upcoming RPN meetings
- 2/22/2018 | Speed dating networking event
- 3/14/2018 | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm | #RawTruth, a Q&A session on personal accountability
- 4/19/2018 | “Understanding Generational Differences and How They Impact the Workplace” by Keynote Speaker Dan Nagy
- 4/23/2018 | 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Journal club meet-up (no registration required)
- 5/16/2018 | 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Journal club meet-up (no registration required)
- 6/7/2018 | Facilitated Discussion on Work-Life Balance
Research Professionals Network Online
You can review the content from previous Research Professionals Network meetings using the following links.
- January 2018 | RPN Relaunch Event “Networking 2.0” with Keynote Speaker Kris McGuigan
- November 2017 | Designing for Engagement, Recruitment and Retention: Do you see what they see? From Idea to Implementation
- September 2017 | Conversation Café: Shaping the Future of the RPN
- August 2017 | How to Introspectively Reset When Your Buttons are Pushed in the Workplace | Audio | Slides
- June 2017 | Tools and Strategies For Managing Multiple Projects | Audio | Slides
- April 2017 | Coordinator Self-Care in Therapeutic Areas Involving Bereavement | Audio
- March 2017 | There Is No "I" in "Team" | Audio | Slides
- February 2017 | Unlocking Your Leadership Potential | Audio
- September 2016 | What REDCap Can do For You
- August 2016 | Duke - UNC Collaborative
- June 2016 | Investigational Drug Services
- March 2016 | Office of Corporate Research Collaborations: When to use MTAs and DUAs
- January 2016 | Documenting Data Flow
- September 2015 | Having Difficult Conversations with Teammates, Employees and Managers
- August 2015 | Polishing Your Impromptu Presentation Skills
- June 2015 | Leadership in Health Care
- May 2015 | Thinking Beyond the Silos
- April 2015 | IRB Behind the Scenes
- March 2015 | Research Professionals Job Classifications