Maestro Care (Epic) is the unified electronic medical record and clinical care application for Duke Health. Epic go-live deployment for all of Duke Health was completed on March 1, 2014 and is the primary health record application at Duke University Hospital, Duke Children’s Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care Physicians Network, and all affiliates of Duke Health.
The goal of Maestro Care at Duke Health is to provide one system unifying all health record information for the patient and accessible to all members of the Duke Health care team. One patient, one record and one bill for each patient at all locations to improve efficiency and information sharing for our providers and staff to ensure the best possible care for our patients.
In May 2018, Maestro Care integrated with OnCore as the system-wide CRMS (Clinical Research Management System). Clinical research data relevant to patient care should be in Maestro Care and viewable by the extended care team just like other clinical data.
This page provides links to services offered and support. For additional assistance with any of these topics, please contact the Maestro Care Research team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Electronic Health Record
Optimizing the EHR for research workflows and recruitment
Maestro Care Recruitment Alerts/Reports
- Enhance recruitment efforts for research studies
- Improve efficiency and decrease time mining through charts
- Alert researchers based on certain triggers to increase the chances that a potential subject is identified within a short timeframe
- Alerts can be silent or readily visible depending on the needs of the study
- Can work within the provider workflow to guide patient care decisions in real-time
MyChart for Recruitment
- Identify potentially eligible patients in Maestro Care based on discretely documented study inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Invite patients to learn more about your study via the MyChart portal
- Include an IRB-approved description of the study in the invitation
- Receive an In-basket notification if a patient responds to the invite
To request a Maestro Care Research Consult, please select below
Maestro Care Tip sheets
- Commonly Used Research Reports
- Linking Research Appointments to a Research Study Timeline
- Add a Timeline and Link Encounters to a Study
- Messages to Central Grant Scheduling
- Releasing Orders
- Maestro Care Enrollment Statuses
- CRC Quick Card
- Smart Set Orders
- Silent Alerts
- Routing Chemo Orders
- Review Orders Waiting Second Sign
- Requesting User Access for Research Applications
- In Basket - Pool Manager
- In Basket - Check Yourself Into a Pool
- Pended Babies
- Oncology Radiology SmartSets
- Modify Orders from Research SmartSet
- Level of Service
- Sponsor Site Questionnaire FAQ Regarding Maestro Care
- Requesting a User be Added to the RSH Record
- Maestro Care Opt Out Process for Recruitment and Engagement Policy
- Using SlicerDicer for Research
Maestro Care October 2019 Upgrade
Maestro Care will be upgraded to the next version of the Epic electronic health record during scheduled maintenance on Sunday, October 13th. Below are updated training materials to support the upgrade.
- Ambulatory Upgrade Toolkit
- Upgrade Toolkit for Inpatient Providers
- ClinDoc Upgrade Toolkit October 2019
- SlicerDicer TipSheet
Maestro Care April 2019 Upgrade
- April 2019 Upgrade for Inpatient Providers
- Ambulatory April 2019 Upgrade Toolkit
- Ambulatory April 2019 Upgrade PPT
- Research Charge Correction New Look
Printing lab results using Result report (By patient)
Use Result Report (By Patient) to print lab result reports from Maestro Care. Printing using this activity is the recommended legal lab result print document. Additional details are on this printed document, and thus the Chart Review printed document is not recommended. Click here for Tip Sheet.
Need an MRN in Maestro Care?
To request Registration/Medical Record Number for “new to Duke” subjects in Maestro Care, please contact HIM via email, HimdataIntegrity@dm.duke.edu, or calling, 919-684-5525. Please provide the following information:
- Phone Number
Maestro Care Transfer Provisioning Process
When a staff member transfers from their current position, their current Maestro Care access will be disabled effective with the SAP transfer date. The staff’s new manager (or designee, as each entity/department processes Maestro access requests) will be required to request Maestro Care access appropriate to the new position by submitting a request via the Service Catalog located in Service Now. Physician and Advanced Practice Provider’s MC access will not be affected by this change. Click here for the Requesting Access tip sheet.
Maestro Care Pt Research Studies Change
Starting May 21st, the Maestro Care Pt Research Studies activity will change. You will continue to add a timeline to DUHS Billing studies and enter comments necessary for clinical/research workflows, BUT YOU WILL NO LONGER enter new patient study associations or change patient association statuses. All new patient study associations and any status changes are made in OnCore ONLY moving forward.
Maestro Care Research Ordering Changes
In an effort to improve patient safety, DHTS is making the following changes to orders.
- Signed and Held orders entered by CRCs from a Research SmartSet have no expiration date currently. After May 8th , these orders will expire after 15 months. Any signed and held order placed by a CRC before 2-1-2017 will expire on May 8th, 2018.
- Signed and held Orders that providers enter require a Context. After May 8th , unreleased signed and held orders with a context will be discontinued in 60 days. Any signed and held order placed by a provider prior to 3-10-2018 will expire on May 8th, 2018.