Browse the topics below for additional Faculty Development articles and resources.
Effective Communication Video Series presented by Joanna Downer, PhD, Associate Dean for Research Development
- Part 1: Introduction and Tips/Tricks (<5 minutes) - Dr. Downer provides tips and tricks for effective writing and a quick recap of George Gopen's "Writing from the Reader's Perspective"
- Part 2: Sentence (<5 minutes) - Application of George Gopen's approach to a real-world example.
- Part 3: Story (<8 minutes) - Keys to an easy to follow story.
- Part 4: Applying this to your story (<7 minutes) - Explanation of how to apply the writing lessons of "Goldilocks" to your research story.
- Part 5: Putting it into practice (<8 minutes) - Cheat sheet for revising your work based on the material presented.
Family Friendly Events