Policies governing faculty life may be at the University, School, or Department/Division level. Clinicians may also be governed by Health System or PDC practices. Always check with your division chief or chair if you are unsure how something applies to you.
The best source for many faculty-related policies is the Duke University Faculty Handbook.
Policies regarding your faculty appointment
Policies to Support Flexibility
- Chapter 4 of the Faculty Handbook has information about tenure clock relief policies, flexible work arrangements, and leaves of absence.
- The Office for Faculty has compiled a summary of School of Medicine and PDC Leave Policies. Please consult the relevant entity for any updates or changes when considering a potential leave of absence.
- NIH Family-Friendly Initiatives
Policies supporting a healthy work climate
- Faculty Professionalism
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Related Misconduct (Office of Institutional Equity)
- Research Integrity and Compliance