Faculty may take leave for various reasons. See chapter 4 of the faculty handbook for details. For sabbatical, the leave is with full pay from the department for a half a year or half pay for a full year.
See Policy in the Faculty Handbook, Chapter 4 Professional Affairs of the Faculty. Pages 4-6 through 4-12
All Faculty Leaves from the University must be entered into dFac for reporting to the Provost office.
- Leave Form to be completed and signed by Faculty and Chair.
- attach letter, if applicable e.g. sabbatical, other, medical statement, etc.
- If any portion of salary is supported by sponsored funds, please check the appropriate block on the leave form.
- If the leave is with partial pay or no pay, the department submits an “Out of Cycle & Anticipated Salary, Effort and/or Appointment % (SEA) Change Form”. Once approval is received, the department processes a rate and schedule iForm to adjust the salary and effort.
- Department dFac user enters leave request into dFac and uploads the leave form into the attachment section of the dFac form.
- The dates on the leave form and the dates in dFac must match.
- APT runs report from dFac and provides leave list to the Provost office.
- The Provost reviews and approves.
- The Provost Office notifies the APT office of the approval.
- The APT office approves the dFac leave form.
- If the leave is with partial pay or no pay, the department submits “Anticipated and Out of Cycle IBS/TPE Change” online REDCAP form. Once approval is received, the department processes a rate and schedule iForm to adjust the salary and effort.