The MedEdIT Helpdesk is the front-line of technical support for students in the School of Medicine, serving Medical Doctor (MD), Pathology (PATH), Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS), Occupational Therapy (OTD), and Physical Therapy (DPT) programs.
We provide all incoming students at the School of Medicine with a laptop and support for these machines throughout their lifespan while at Duke University.
Services we provide include:
- Technical Support
- Hardware & Software Repairs
- Loaner laptops, chargers, and other accessories
- Training & Guidance
- Advice and Best Practices on all tech-related issues
- Management and Support for the technology within the Trent Semans Center for Health Education (TSCHE)
The MedEd IT Multimedia team provides a variety of services in the classroom, online, or wherever needed for our students, faculty, staff, and guests. These services are the intersection of teaching, learning, and technology. They include:
- Classroom audiovisual support
- Educational video production and/or live streaming
- Photography for live events, website photos, and more.
- Lecture capture
- Learning Management Software support
- Simulation software
- Classroom technology support
- Polling software
- Presentation annotation
- Audio/video/web conferencing
- Audio/Visual training and guidance
These services enhance the communication and collaboration for the Duke University School of Medicine while allowing our team to develop our technology tools in a rapidly changing environment.
The MedEd IT Development Team plans, designs, and builds custom software applications in support of all Duke School of Medicine activities, including:
- The admissions process with the development and support of the EASE application.
- Ongoing data analysis of student performance for accreditation purposes with SCOPE.
- Tracking of student-patient encounters during the second year clerkships with BlueRecs.
In addition, the Development team supports the integration and ongoing management of third party applications used by the School of Medicine, including:
- Canvas and others.
We are well-versed in multiple programming languages and frameworks, including PHP, Python, and AngularJS.