The Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Certificate program is intended for Duke students enrolled in departmental Ph.D. programs who wish to expand their current studies to apply to or include computational biology and bioinformatics.
To obtain a certificate in Computational Biology & Bioinformatics (CBB), students must:
- Take two CBB core courses for a grade.
- Take one additional CBB course for a grade.
- Register for CBB 510S, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Seminar, for four semesters.
- Appoint at least one member of the CBB faculty to their dissertation committee.
To apply for the program, please submit the following forms to the DGSA:
- The Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Certificate Program Application
- The Graduate School Certificate Program Application
- One transcript from each institution (undergraduate or graduate) that you have attended. We will accept unofficial copies.
The deadline to apply for the certificate program during a term is the end of Duke's drop/add period for that term. See Graduate Academic Calendar