In 1969, a group of devoted Duke medical alumni established the Davison Club to honor founding dean Wilburt Cornell Davison, MD, and provide critical, unrestricted support for medical education at Duke. Davison’s support of students is legendary. He was known to reach into his own pockets to help medical students meet their financial needs. The club that bears his name continues that tradition over 45 years later.
In 2017-2018, unrestricted Davison Club donors totaled $1,351,186 in support of medical education at Duke. Each gift, whatever the amount, is important.
As always, membership in the Davison Club is offered to those making gifts of $1,000 or more—$500 for recent medical school graduates (5-9 years since graduation) and $250 for recent medical school graduates (1-4 years since graduation).
Davison Club Giving Levels
- $25,000 - Innovators Society
- $10,000 - Leadership Society
- $5,000 - Dean's Circle
- $2,500 - Davison Fellow
- $1,500 - Family Members
- $1,000 - Member
- $500-$999 - Recent Graduate Member (5-9 years since graduation)
- $250-$999 - Recent Graduate Member (1-4 years since graduation)
Your Davison Club gift helps to power his legacy of excellence and his commitment to students.
Director, Davison Club and Special Gifts
Benefits of Membership
- Invitations to social events with Duke faculty members, students, and other benefactors.
- Your name will be included on the Trent Semans Center for Health Education and Duke Clinic's annual recognition wall.
- You will receive DukeMed Alumni News magazine twice a year.
- Upon request, we will send you a Davison Club gold-filled lapel pin.