As we celebrate and prepare for our graduation from medical school and the beginning of our lives as Duke doctors and alumni, let us come together one last time as a class and make a powerful statement about what being a Duke medical student has meant to us. Giving back is part of the Duke experience — it truly would not be the same place without it.
The Graduating Class Gift Campaign allows us to show appreciation for the top-tier medical education we received and to experience the satisfaction of giving back.
Medical Scholarship Fund
This year, 100% of the funds raised for this fund will be awarded only to students who qualify for need-based financial aid.
What is the Graduating Class Gift Campaign?
Every year, the fourth year/graduating medical students come together to make a monetary contribution to the School of Medicine. Known collectively as the ‘class gift,’ students typically give an amount representing their graduating year ($20.21), but gift sizes can vary.
- Every gift (even $1.00) makes a difference and counts towards our overall goal of 100% participation!
- Everyone will have the option to make their gift IN HONOR OF a faculty member or mentor
- If you choose to make a multi-year pledge, the entire amount counts towards our class total
All who make a minimum gift of $20.21 will be recognized as an “honorary” member of the 2021 Davison Club—a School of Medicine leadership annual giving society named after the school’s founding Dean. New members will receive a Davison Club lapel pin.
Past Campaign Results
- Class of 2017 = 87% participation rate
- Class of 2018 = 65% participation rate
- Class of 2019 = 76% participation rate
- Class of 2020* = 48% participation rate (*ended early due to COVID-19)