The School of Medicine Office for Faculty is pleased to announce the 2023 ADVANCE-UP Scholars!
ADVANCE-UP (Academic DeVelopment Advocacy Networking, Coaching and Education for Underrepresented Populations) is a year-long program that provides in-depth opportunities for academic development, mentoring, and networking for faculty from underrepresented racial and ethnic backgrounds. The program aims to address the challenges that underrepresented faculty encounter in academic medical centers and ultimately seeks to create a network of scholars that will enhance the sense of community among underrepresented faculty, foster timely promotion, and increase representation in leadership positions.
2023 ADVANCE-UP Scholars:
- Suur Ayangeakaa, PhD, Population Health Sciences
- Melissa Campbell, MD, Pediatrics
- Tomeico Faison, OT, Medicine
- Keyaria Gray, DO, Pediatrics
- Olga Gupta, MD, Pediatrics
- Courtney Jeffries, PT, Doctor of Physical Therapy Division
- Courtney McMickens, MD, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Jamila Minga, PhD, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Christian Pean, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Isaretta Riley, MD, MPH, Medicine
- Richalle Sullivan, MD, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Alvan Ukachukwu, MD, Neurosurgery