There are no open opportunities at this time. Please check back for updates.
The School of Medicine departments, institutes and centers oversee a wide range of research core facilities. To enable investigators to access these services for exciting new studies that are not yet externally funded, we are pleased to announce the 2018 Spring SOM Core Facility Voucher Program. This joint program with the School of Medicine (SOM), the Office of the Provost, and Duke Research Computing/Office of Information Technology will offer vouchers in amounts ranging from $500 to $10,000 redeemable for provision of services at SOM core facilities/shared resources. The sources of funding are from the School of Medicine and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR).
All data or resource generating core facilities/shared resources that provide services open to faculty members on a fee-for-service basis are eligible for participation in this program. No more than two facilities can be included in a single proposal. Research Computing may be included as a third facility if utilizing data storage space in conjunction with data collected from another core facility.
The list of eligible core facilities can be found on the Core Research Facilities web page.
Important dates for the 2018 Spring SOM Core Facility Voucher Program:
- Submission Open: March 15, 2018
Submission Close: April 13, 2018
Voucher Start: July 1, 2018
Voucher End: June 30, 2019
Vouchers in any category of research will be awarded to faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level with primary appointments in SOM or Campus departments:
- SOM Faculty: SOM faculty will be eligible for awards made from SOM funds.
- Campus Faculty: Faculty outside the SOM will be eligible for awards made from OVPR funds. Proposals with Campus faculty as co-PI with SOM faculty will be eligible for SOM funds.
- All Faculty: Investigators previously awarded a voucher are eligible to apply for and receive a new voucher if the work proposed is significantly and scientifically distinct from previous awards.
Complete applications will include a one-page proposal describing the research question to be investigated, rationale, proposed plan, and justification for amount requested (11 pt font, 0.5” margins), and a brief letter from the core facility director attesting to the availability of the proposed technical service. Applications are limited to one per investigator, and only new applications will be considered.
SOM utilizes the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name. Enter access code “SOM” and select the “SOM Core Facility Voucher Program Spring 2018” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available - Please review this document.
For any questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-668-4774.
Email any questions you may have to email@example.com