Fall 2020 Application Cycle Opens October 19th
The School of Medicine departments, institutes and centers oversee a wide range of research core facilities. To enable investigators to access these services for exciting new studies that are not yet externally funded, we are pleased to announce the 2020 Fall SOM Core Facility Voucher Program. This joint program with the School of Medicine (SOM), the Office of Research, and Duke Research Computing/Office of Information Technology will offer vouchers in amounts ranging from $500 to $10,000 redeemable for provision of services at SOM core facilities/service centers. The sources of funding are from the School of Medicine and the Office of the Provost.
All data or resource generating core facilities/service centers that provide services open to faculty members on a fee-for-service basis are eligible for participation in this program. No more than two facilities can be included in a single proposal. Research Computing may be included as a third facility if utilizing data storage space in conjunction with data collected from another core facility.
The list of eligible core facilities can be found on the Core Research Facilities web page.
Important dates for the 2020 Fall SOM Core Facility Voucher Program:
- Submission Open: October 19, 2020
Submission Close: November 20, 2020
Voucher Start: January 1, 2021
Voucher End: December 31, 2021
Vouchers in any category of research will be awarded to tenured/tenure-track eligible or equivalent faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level with primary appointments in SOM or Campus departments:
- SOM Faculty: SOM faculty will be eligible for awards made from SOM funds.
- Campus Faculty: Faculty from the Campus schools (i.e., outside the SOM/SON) will be eligible for awards made from Provost’s Office funds. Proposals with Campus faculty as co-PI with SOM faculty will be eligible for SOM funds.
- All Faculty: Investigators previously awarded a voucher are eligible to apply for and receive a new voucher if the work proposed is significantly and scientifically distinct from previous applications.
*Non-tenure track Investigators may apply as Co-PI as long as the Co-PI meets the requirements above.
Complete applications will include a one-page proposal describing the research question to be investigated, rationale, proposed plan, and justification for amount requested (11 pt font, 0.5” margins), and a brief letter from the core facility director attesting to the availability of the proposed technical service. Applications are limited to one per investigator, and only new applications will be considered. Award funds may be used for services provided by service centers only - any other expenses required for the proposed project must be supported by other funding sources, and those funding sources should be identified in the application.
SOM utilizes the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name. Enter access code “SOM” and select the “SOM Core Facility Voucher Program Fall 2020” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- A step-by-step user's guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available on the CTSI website page MyResearchProposal. Please click on the Applicant instructions.
For any questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-668-4774.
Email any questions you may have to email@example.com