311 Trent Drive
Dr. Katie Myers has joined the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division as Director of Clinical Education. Dr. Myers has a passion for exploring innovative approaches to deliver high quality clinical education curricula, including focusing on clinical instruction and student learning. She is active in the APTA at both local and national levels.
- DPT, University of South Alabama, 2008
- MSPT, Ithaca College, 2002
- BS, Ithaca College, 2001
- PT 601, 611, 621: Clinical STEPs 1, II, III
- PT 701, 711: Clinical STEPs IV, V
- PT 801, 802, 803: Clinical Internships I, II, III
Acute Care, Oncology Rehabilitation
The changing landscape of healthcare and the growth of PT education programs has resulted in a renewed focus on the sustainability of the clinical education component of the DPT curriculum. Dr. Myers’ interests include the application of curriculum development processes to clinical education, partnering with clinical educators to support clinical teaching needs, and exploring the concept of entry-level practice in the context of preparing graduates to enter the challenging and ever-changing health care field.
- Myers K, Schenkman ML. Utilizing a Curriculum Development Process to Design and Implement a New Integrated Clinical Education Experience. J Phys Ther Educ. October 2017. [in press]
- Covington K, Myers K, Rodriguez J. Exploring DPT Students’ Perceptions of Team Function in a Collaborative Integrated Clinical Education Experience. J Phys Ther Educ. [in press]