Senior Level II Physical Therapist and Outreach Athletic Trainer
Dr. Gary Johnson attended North Carolina Central University where he completed his BS in athletic training. He received his professional Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Johnson is a board-certified clinical specialist in Sports Physical Therapy. His clinical focus is primarily in orthopaedics and sports. He also has a large interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion. He is an APTA credentialed clinical instructor.
DPT, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2015
BS, Athletic Training, North Carolina Central University, Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- Pediatric Sports Medicine PTD 743
- Foundational Musculoskeletal Practice PTD 645
- Cultural Determinants of Health and Health I & II Discrepancies PTD 650 & 651
Physical therapy clinician Duke School of Medicine Interprofessional Education (IPE) clinic.
Bui, K., Hamilton, D., Johnson, G., Murray, M., Newman, A., Samuelson, J., Troost, L., & White, B. (2013, November). Analysis of psychometrics regarding western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis index (WOMAC) outcome measure (instrument review). Https://Www.Sralab.Org/Rehabilitation-Measures/Womac-Osteoarthritis-IndexReliability-Validity-and-Responsiveness-Patients. https://www.sralab.org/rehabilitation-measures/womac-osteoarthritis-inde...). https://www.sralab.org/rehabilitation-measures/womac-osteoarthritis-index-reliability-validity-and-responsiveness-patients
- NC High School Association “Life Saver Recognition”, October 12, 2017
- APTA Board Certified Clinical Specialists in Sports Physical Therapy, 2019
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor, 2018