Event sponsored by:
The upcoming BMIM gathering presents an opportunity to expand your network, exchange ideas, and delve into collaborative ventures with individuals who share your aspirations and experiences. Introducing our "Speed Mentoring" event, where structured conversations will facilitate meaningful connections, potentially paving the way for future mentorships, research partnerships, and avenues for career advancement.
During this event, Faculty, Students and Trainees will engage with a group of accomplished faculty members who will share their inspiring career stories. Drawing from their wealth of knowledge and experience, they will provide invaluable insights into their professional journeys, offering guidance and inspiration. Furthermore, we have dedicated ample time for networking, ensuring you have the opportunity to connect personally with these individuals and your peers.
Join us for an evening of inspiration and interaction, where the power of connection awaits.
- Joseph Jackson, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Kafui Dzirasa, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and Neurosciences
- Kevin Thomas, MD, Professor of Medicine
- Leon Herndon, MD, Professor of Ophthalmology
- Opeyemi Olabisi, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Rory Goodwin, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Wilton Williams, PhD, Associate Professor of Surgery
Who Should attend? Any faculty member, trainee, or student in the Schools of Medicine and Nursing, of any race or gender, who supports the objective of BMIM are invited to attend. Black males in these roles are strongly encouraged to attend. This includes trainees and students across the continuum including medical, physical therapy, PA, MBS and residents, fellows, and post-doctoral candidates.
- 5:00-5:30pm Pre-event: Join us at any time and eat dinner
- 5:30-6:00pm Featured Faculty Introductions
- 6:00-7:00pm Breakout with Faculty, Students and Trainees you want to get to know more about
Register Here You must register to receive dinner.