The Basic Science Faculty Steering Committee serves as a faculty senate for the basic sciences. The job of the Committee is to ensure that faculty opinions are ascertained, articulated, and voiced in all discussions and decisions involving the interests of the basic sciences faculty.
2023 - 2024 Committee
- Eva Naumann, Neurobiology (Chair)
- Huiman Barnhart, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Jen-Tsan Ashley Chi, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Everardo Macias, Pathology
- Chris Nicchitta, Cell Biology
- Terrence Oas, Biochemistry
- David Tobin, Integrative Immunobiology
- Virginia Wang, Population Health Sciences
- Kris Wood, Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
- Bylaws of the Basic Sciences Faculty Steering Committee may be amended by a majority of those members of the basic science faculty present at a meeting of the Basic Science Faculty Steering Committee, provided that the text of any proposed amendment has been circulated to the members of the basic sciences faculty at least two weeks prior to any such meeting.