Harnessing the power of brain plasticity to enhance brain resilience and develop novel approaches for brain repair
- The need to forestall brain disease processes before symptoms appear and boost repair of disrupted circuits after onset of symptoms.
- Understand the basic biology of the brain to identify early biomarkers.
- Discover interventions that forestall underlying diseases prior to the onset of symptoms.
- Deploy new approaches to repair brain circuits once symptoms appear.
- Develop new, effective methods for early detection.
- Create new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches.
- Harness the brain’s own resilience and repair abilities.
- Develop breakthrough therapies for a range of conditions.
- Refine the understanding of disease mechanisms for further preclinical and basic research.