Harnessing the Power of Robustness, Resilience, and Rejuvenation to Prevent Transitions from Cardiovascular Health to Disease
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the most common cause of death worldwide and has remained so for over a century.
- Although aging increases the likelihood of CVD, it can be prevented, delayed in onset and treated once established.
- Most research has focused on understanding mechanisms of disease with far less attention directed towards CV health.
- Improve patient and population health by a novel focus on preserving and restoring health.
- Robustness: The best way to cure a disease is to not get it in the first place.
- Resilience: Resisting disease in its early stages.
- Rejuvenation: Recovering from CV disease.
- Advance discovery at all levels.
- Elucidate the underlying biology of CV health.
- Convert data to actionable information.
- Devise, implement and test effective clinical tools and strategies.
- Harness our strengths: World class research and clinical programs, deep resources in data and samples, outstanding faculty
- A deeper understanding of how to preserve and restore CV health leading to:
- Better, more informed care;
- Health improvement for patients with heart disease and for community.
- A new, vibrant community of scholars, clinicians and patients collaborating to improving CV health.
- Dissemination of what we learn in guidelines, education and best practices to benefit people around the globe.