Deadline: 5 PM EST, August 2, 2019
Translating Duke Health is pleased to announce a call for pilot projects in the area of Alzheimer’s Disease. This RFP is focused on building infrastructure to support an upcoming institutional application to the NIH to become an Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC). We are particularly interested in projects that generate pilot data and show Duke strengths in areas such as biobanking, special populations, model organisms, -omics or data science. We especially encourage applications that utilize or enhance Duke’s expertise or existing resources (e.g., ADPreventionRegistry, MemoryClinic) for Alzheimer’s Disease research.
Projects that utilize specimens from the Brain Bank or involve innovations in brain imaging should apply for separate RFPs on those topics.
We plan to make up to four one-year awards, each with a total budget of up to $50,000. Review will be based on the following criteria:
- Scientific rationale and feasibility to complete proposed aims within 1 year
- Investigator qualifications and willingness to participate in future ADRC application
- Innovation, strategic use, and/or development of resource(s) unique to Duke
- Potential for contribution to a future application for an ADRC
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Title page and contact information
- Abstract of 150 words or less describing the project
- Project summary in 3 pages or less (11 point Arial font, inclusive of figures but not including citations), addressing the selection criteria listed above.
- Biographical sketches for participating faculty, including current and pending sources of support. Please use the new “NIH Biosketch Form” as outlined in http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-032.html
Deadline: Proposals must be received by 5 PM EST, August 2, 2019
Selection Process for New Awards – Proposals will be peer-reviewed, and awards announced by September 1, 2019. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions but will not otherwise receive feedback from the evaluation process. Awardees will be required to submit mid-year and year-end progress reports, and will be expected to participate in the application process for the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
All funds will be subject to G&A. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to budget.
Completed applications should be submitted as one combined Adobe Acrobat file to email@example.com, with the subject line "Brain Bank Project Grants." Questions may also be sent to the same address.