Deadline: 5 PM EST, August 2, 2019
Translating Duke Health is pleased to announce a call for projects that enhance Duke’s capabilities in the area of brain imaging for research in Alzheimer’s Disease. This RFP is focused on building infrastructure and pilot data to support an upcoming institutional application to the NIH to become an Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
We plan to make up to two one-year awards, each with a total budget of up to $75,000. Review will be based on the following criteria:
- Scientific rationale and feasibility to complete proposed aims within 1 year
- Investigator qualifications and willingness to participate in future ADRC application
- Innovation, strategic use, and/or development of resource(s) in brain imaging, e.g.,
- Strategic partnering to allow integration of PET and MRI markers
- Projects that link brain imaging with other areas of strength at Duke (e.g, data science, genomics or metabolomics, model organisms, special populations)
- Potential for contribution to a future ADRC application
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Title page and contact information
- Abstract of 150 words or less describing the project
- Project summary in 3 pages or less (11 point Arial font, inclusive of figures but not including citations), addressing the selection criteria listed above.
- Biographical sketches for participating faculty, including current and pending sources of support. Please use the new “NIH Biosketch Form” as outlined in http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-032.html
Deadline: Proposals must be received by 5 PM EST, August 2, 2019
Selection Process for New Awards – Proposals will be peer-reviewed, and awards announced by September 1, 2019. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions but will not otherwise receive feedback from the evaluation process. Awardees will be required to submit mid-year and year-end progress reports, and will be expected to participate in the application process for the Alzheimer’s Disease Center. All funds will be subject to G&A. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to budget.
Completed applications should be submitted as one combined Adobe Acrobat file to email@example.com, with the subject line "Brain Imaging Project Grants." Questions may also be sent to the same address.