By completing this form, you are indicating that you will submit a poster for the School of Medicine Virtual Research Week Poster Session, and if you are selected, you will be available to present your poster virtually during a zoom event on Thursday, October 8, for 10 minutes from 4:00 - 5:00 PM.
The deadline to submit your poster has been extended to Monday, September 14.
- There are 60 spots available: 30 for the Basic Science poster competition and 30 for the Clinical Research poster competition.
- One poster submission per person.
- Instructions for submitting posters and poster template .
- Posters that have been presented at other meetings are welcome.
Participants will receive a confirmation email with instructions for submitting the poster and what to do if selected to present.
- Posters will be reviewed and scored by Duke University faculty members prior to Oct. 8.
- The top two posters in each category (Basic Science and Clinical Research) will be notified by Friday, October 2nd. They will receive monetary prizes ($500 and $300) and present their work virtually during a zoom event on Oct. 8, from 4:00 - 5:00 pm.
- Each presenter will have 10 minutes to present their research and take questions from select faculty members.
1. Posters must include: Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
2. Must be original Duke research.
3. Research must have been completed during the last 18 months.
4. Research must have a pre-specified data/statistical analysis plan.
5. Trainee or student must be the primary author.
Please e-mail Beky Branagan if you need to cancel or change your poster title.