PROBLEM: With newer, more secure versions of Acrobat and Reader, whenever a user attempts to generate forms from within SPS (using either File > Print or Page Preview), a security error is displayed and no SPS data is transferred to the forms.
FIX: Once you have encountered this error, follow the steps below to trust all documents that are stored in the temporary folder used by SPS:
- Click the Options button in the yellow error message bar.
- Select 'Trust this document always' from the dropdown menu. The error message will go away.
- Select Edit > Preferences from the Acrobat menu bar.
- Highlight 'Security (Enhanced)' in the list on the left side of the Preferences window.
- In the Priveleged Locations section of the Enhanced Security screen, select the 'Add Folder Path' button. A 'Browse for Folder' window will be displayed.
Click in the Folder data entry field, delete any text that was automatically filled in, then type the following: %APPDATA%\SPS
Click the OK button to dismiss the 'Browser for Folder' window.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the Preferences window.
- Close Acrobat.
You should once again be able to open SPS forms using Acrobat/Reader.