The following programs are available to medical students (MD or MDPhD)
Duke University School of Medicine Programs
- Doctor of Medicine Program Duke's Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program seeks to prepare a diverse student body to pursue a spectrum of medical career options in order to become physician leaders who can advance biomedical research and improve local, national, and global health.
- Duke Medical Student Training Program The Duke Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) combines graduate education in a basic biomedical science with the full clinical curriculum of the School of Medicine.
Research Programs for Duke Medical students
- Third year of medical school at Duke is designed to provide a rigorous scholarly experience in biomedical-related research. Students can select from 18 study programs as well as numerous internal scholarships including the Duke Physician Scientist Institutional Award (BWF) Research Fellowship for Medical Students and the CTSA TL1 Pre-Doctoral Scholarship
Research Programs for Duke and Non-Duke medical students
- Short-Term Opportunities
- American Association of Medical College Database of Research Opportunities
- National Institutes of Health Research Summer Internship Programs
- National Institutes of Medical Research Scholars Program