I am using Safari and trying to generate form pages, but the resulting PDF files are not appearing on my desktop. What should I do?
A Mozilla-based browser must be used to generate form pages when accessing SPS from Citrix. If you are using Safari, a Java Citrix client launches instead of the native-Macintosh client, and the Java client does not support drive mapping.
I am using a Mozilla-based browser and trying to generate form pages, but the resulting PDF files are not appearing on my desktop. What should I do?
Assuming that the native-Macintosh Citrix client is launching, you may need to follow the steps below to setup/enable drive mapping for your Citrix client:
- Launch Citrix ICA Client Editor application. It is usually located in HD:Applications:Citrix ICA Client:Citrix ICA Client Editor, where HD is you local Macintosh hard drive.
- In the client editor, press Default Settings... button.
- In the Default Settings dialog box, select the Drives and Devices tab.
- For the C: drive, map it to HD:Users:username: folder, where username is your username. Check the Enable box, change the Read icon to eyeglasses, and the Write icon to a pencil; neither should be X'd out.
- Do the same for the V: drive.
- Press the Save button and exit from Citrix ICA Client Editor application.
What do I need to do in order to be able to access SPS from Citrix?
After successfully generating form pages, I see two files on my desktop; a PDF file and an XFDF file. I selected the XFDF file and was told that the corresponding PDF file could not be found. What should I do?
Answer "Yes" to the informational dialog and a Finder window will appear. Navigate to your Desktop, and select the PDF file with the same name as the XFDF.