Grant & Space Information
Whom should I contact for help with REx?
You may call the DHTS Service Desk, at 684-2243.
Why can't I see my proposal or award in REx Grant & Space Information?
If any one of the following is true, you will not see your proposal or award:
- The proposal does not have one of the following activity types (set in SPS): Clinical Trial, Research, Inst. Training Prgm., Fellowship
- No portion of the current budget period (set in SPS) falls in the fiscal year you are looking at in REx.
- You are using the 'by primary appointment' navigation in REx, and you are not looking in the PI's org (SPS proposal main notebook, Appt Duke Org).
- You are using the 'by owning org' navigation in REx, and you are not looking in the award's owning org (SPS Award Info, space org).
- The proposal has a status of 'Awarded-Inactive' and there is a Renewal. If a Renewal exists for something that is Awarded-Inactive, the out-year information for the Awarded-Inactive Award is replaced by the information from the Renewal.
Why can't I see my space in REx Grant & Space Information?
The space does not have one of the following functions (set in STAR):
- 10 Departmental Training
- 20 Sponsored Training
- 21 Departmental Research
- 22 Sponsored Research
- 24 Clinical Trials
- (function 25 was removed from this list in January 2005)
What room uses and functions are included in the REx Grant & Space Information?
You should refer to the REx hover tips for the most up-to-date information. This information is correct as of 5/15/2006.
- Research Space: Room Use = any; Function = 20, 21, 22, 24
- Lab/Office Space with Trans/Inactive Function (Sq Ft): Lab (Room Use = 2400, 25xx; Function = 81, 82) + 0.5 * Office (Room Use = 31xx; Function = 81, 82)
- Lab Space with No Function (Sq Ft): No Function (Room Use = 2400, 25xx; Function not assigned) + No Division (Room Use = 2400, 25xx; Division not assigned)
- Space with Shared Resource Function (Sq Ft): Room Use = any; Function = 26
- Prorated Direct Funds Needed (by Owning Org): ((Research + Trans/Inactive Lab + No Function Lab) * $200) - Prorated Direct Costs
- Prorated Direct Funds Needed (by Primary Appointment): (Research Space * $200) - Prorated Direct Costs
Why can't I see my proposal or award in REx Grant Projections?
You may be looking at a cost center that does not have data for 2 complete fiscal years (e.g., if the current fiscal year is FY06 and a fairly new center got it's first award in FY05).
What SPS award data is included in the REx year-to-date data?
- Status = Awarded, Awarded-Inactive
- Proposal activity type = Clinical Trial, Research, Inst. Training Prgm., or Fellowship