All Duke residents and fellows are encouraged to participate in the Clinical Research Day poster session. Posters highlighting clinical, quality, and education research are all welcome!
The 2018 Clinical Research Day Poster Session is full!
Clinical Research Day
Thursday, May 17, 2018, 4:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Great Hall, Trent Semans Center
4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Second Floor, Trent Semans Center
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 20, 2018
The first 40 posters will be accepted. Posters that have been presented at other meetings are welcome.
Monetary awards will be presented to the first, second, and third place winners of the poster competition at 5:15 p.m. by Dean Mary E. Klotman.
The benefits of presenting at Clinical Science Day:
- Teach others about your work
- Gain experience presenting your work in a format similar to national meetings
- Receive input and feedback from faculty members
Posters larger than 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall will not be accepted!
- Posters should be created, printed and ready to present on May 17.
- Posters may be hung starting at 2:30 p.m. and must be hung no later than 3:45 p.m. on May 17.
- All presenters must be at their posters from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m. on May 17.
- All poster competition participants will have the opportunity to present their research at the meeting.
- Each presenter will have 10 minutes to present and answer questions to faculty reviewers.
- Posters must include: Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Must be original Duke research
- Research must have been completed during the last 18 months
- Research must have a pre-specified data/statistical analysis plan
- Resident or fellow must be the primary author
Posters will be judged by reviewers on the following criteria:
- Is there a defined hypothesis or clear aim?
- Is the study designed to answer a specific question?
- Are there sufficient observations for statistical evaluation?
- Have the data been appropriately analyzed?
- Are the conclusions appropriately derived from the data?
- Is the work novel?
- Size: 4 feet (horizontal) x no more than 4 feet (vertical) – Download template You may use a poster from another event, but posters larger than 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall will not be accepted!
- Printing: There are many places that will print your poster. FedEx on 9th St. and PhD Posters are two companies that print and deliver to Duke. https://phdposters.com/contactus.php