The staff members of the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) intentionally provide for our students a welcoming environment, timely and accurate advising, programming designed to enhance their professional development, and major school events to celebrate the milestones of their medical school careers.
Medical students are assigned an advisory dean when they enter the school, and that dean will follow them throughout medical school, ultimately having the honor of presenting them to residency programs by compiling the Medical Student Performance Evaluation, and hooding them at graduation. Students are also welcome to consult with any of the deans or staff members of the OSA at any time.
Services provided in our office include:
- Personal advising
- Academic advising and support
- Career advising programs
- Letters of recommendation for scholarships and awards
- Compilation of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) support
- Planning and coordination of orientation, Match and graduation events
- Representation for students at medical school curriculum, promotions, and grade appeal meetings
- Approval for building access
- Referrals to other resources students may need
- Notary services
- Cheerleading- We are on your team!
July 29, 2019 to August 2, 2019: MS1 Orientation (Mandatory Attendance)
August 2, 2019: White Coat Ceremony at 6:00 p.m. in the Reynolds Theater of the Bryan Center on Campus. (Reception prior to Ceremony starts at 5:00 p.m., Schaefer Mall just inside the Bryan Center).