The staff members of the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) intentionally provide for our students a welcoming environment, timely and accurate advising, programming designed to enhance their professional development, and major school events to celebrate the milestones of their medical school careers.
Medical students are assigned an advisory dean when they enter the school, and that dean will follow them throughout medical school, ultimately having the honor of presenting them to residency programs by compiling the Medical Student Performance Evaluation, and hooding them at graduation. Students are also welcome to consult with any of the deans or staff members of the OSA at any time.
Services provided in our office include:
- Personal advising
- Academic advising and support
- Career advising programs
- Letters of recommendation for scholarships and awards
- Compilation of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) support
- Planning and coordination of orientation, Match and graduation events
- Representation for students at medical school curriculum, promotions, and grade appeal meetings
- Approval for building access
- Referrals to other resources students may need
- Cheerleading- We are on your team!
2020 Match Day: March 20th at 12:00 p.m. in the Great Hall, Trent Semans Center
2020 Graduation: (For additional information, please go to 4th year link)
- Friday, May 8th, 4:30PM and Saturday , May 9th, 11:30 AM and 3PM - University Baccalaureate services, Duke Chapel, check Duke website
- Friday, May 8th 11:30AM class luncheon, graduation instructions, and graduation award and ticket distribution (TSCHE 4th floor living room)
- Friday, May 8th 6PM class picture on the steps of Old Chem building in graduation attire
- Friday May 8th 7PM Hippocratic Oath Ceremony in Duke Chapel - line up at 6:30PM in front of Chapel (no limit on guests)
- Friday, May 8th following ceremony - HOC reception at Penn Pavilion - limit of 6 guests per student – we will conduct a ticket request survey on Match Day for those who want to bring less/more guests, but we are limited in numbers by fire Marshall rules about this facility. If you are planning to bring a large group (we've had someone with 25 guests!), you may want to reserve a private space at a restaurant or other venue. Tickets will be required to enter this event.
- Sunday, May 10th 9AM University Graduation speaker TBA