- The Cell and Molecular Biology program is an admitting umbrella program. Students complete 3 rotations during their first year. In the spring or summer of their first year, students identify a faculty mentor and affiliate with a degree-granting department or program: Biochemistry, Biology, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics , Immunology, Medical Physics, Molecular Cancer Biology, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Neurobiology, Pathology, Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, University Program in Genetics and Genomics (UPGG).
- Number of students matriculating each year: ~17
- Number of CMB students receiving monthly stipend and a tuition waiver: 100%
- Average GRE CMB students (2016-17): 159 (Verbal), 161 (Quantitative)
- Average undergraduate GPA of CMB matriculants: 3.7
- Average years in graduate school for a CMB student who obtained a PhD: 5.8 yrs
- 2017-18 Stipend: $30,550
- Total number of graduate students currently in the CMB program: 100