Useful links for faculty and staff
- Doctoral Program Leadership
- Graduate School Policies
- Graduate Fellowships
- School of Medicine Office for Faculty Development
Clarifying roles, expectations, and responsibilities ahead of time can lead to increased productivity and satisfaction for all members of the lab.
- AAMC provides a compact for predoctoral trainees and their research mentors.
- The Graduate School has compiled resources to help you create a positive and productive mentoring relationship with your trainees
- The National Research Mentoring Network provides resources to connect to other mentors, to improve your own mentorship skills, and to develop your grant-writing skills
- University of Wisconsin Resources for mentors and mentees to define the mentoring relationship and optimize clear communication
Resources for teaching and course design
- Duke Learning Innovation: Schedule a consultation, sign up for training, or peruse the blog (formerly Center for Instructional Technology)
- Compass STEM Teaching and Learning Collaboratory: Supporting a community of faculty committed to introductory and gateway courses in biology, chemistry, and statistics
- DukeAHEAD: Includes faculty who specialize in scientific course design, educational technology and assessment.
- POD: "The Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network in Higher Education is devoted to improving teaching and learning in higher education. Founded in 1976, POD provides its members with personal and academic relationships that are essential for professional growth. Central to POD’s philosophy is lifelong, holistic, personal, and professional learning, growth, and change for the higher education community." Check out the publications on the art of teaching!
Questions? Contact email@example.com