1) Vaccine Research - safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity, effectiveness.
2) Infectious Disease Epidemiology - otitis media, day care, outbreaks
3) Cost effectiveness of vaccination strategies.
4)Latino health issues, medical Spanish education, cultural sensitivity.
5) Health Care Delivery Systems - contracting, business plans, access to care, management, finances
6) Health Manpower needs in the third world
7) Education - medical school, graduate school and undergraduate
Education and Training
- University of Rochester, M.D. 1973
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.P.H. 1988
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ph.D. 1990
Selected Grants and Awards
- RISK Renewal - Predicting Caries Risk in Underserved Toddlers in Primary Healthcare Settings
- UNC-Duke Consortium Title VI FLAS Fellowships grant
- CLACS NRC Title VI
- Early Rota Merck MISP
- CLACS Title VI FLAS
- Tinker Field Research Grants
- Art of Transformation
- Title VI National Resource Center and FLAS Fellowships (Latin American Studies) NRC
- National Resource Center
- Health of Latino Infants: Interventions to Assure Care