My research interests cover the gamut of health-services research and include traditional clinical outcomes research, patient-reported outcomes, comparative effectiveness review, economic analysis, health-technology assessment, and management and policy studies. I have a particular interest in informatics, data analytics and visualization, and dissemination and implementation.
My goal is to develop “metrics that matter” — standardized methods to assess outcomes that are meaningful to patients. I focus especially on improving integration of these data into the clinical workflow of multidisciplinary teams, where communication and coordination of care are critical for success.
Education and Training
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston, M.D. 2003
- -, Surgical Internship, Beth Israel Medical Center
- -, Surgical Residency, Beth Israel Medical Center
- New York University, Clinical and basic Science Research, New York University Medicalcenter, Institute Of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery L
- New York University, Surgical Residency, Beth Israel Medical Center
- New York University, Chief Resident, Beth Israel Medical Center
- Duke University, Plastic Surgery Resident
- Harvard Medical School, Pediatric Plastic & Craniofacial, Boston Children's Hospital