School of Medicine Web development templates
For web design/development and application migration work, the SoM provides two FREE templates for use by departments, centers/institutes and units: the Drupal template and the WordPress template.
Units that do not wish to use either template can work with a third-party web development vendor to create their website.
All SoM units should follow the branding and style guidelines provided by the School of Medicine.
All SoM units with a website built by a third-party vendor must have a maintenance agreement in place to protect against downtime and security breaches.
- For larger, more complex sites.
- Includes functionality like feeds from Scholars@Duke and Events@Duke.
- Requires assistance from a third-party web vendor to develop the site including creation of pages and navigation.
- Is hosted by DHTS, the preferred hosting provider for SoM websites.
- Is available for viewing at Prototype and can be sent to a web developer by DHTS upon request
- See "Building a Drupal Site" for more information.
- See Drupal Prototype
- For smaller, less complex sites.
- Support feeds from Scholars@Duke or Events@Duke.
- Does not require the assistance of a third-party vendor.
- Is hosted by Duke Web Services (OIT).
- Is available for immediate use.
- See "Building a Wordpress Site" for more information.
- The Duke School of Medicine brand bar is a unifying graphic element that can be added to existing websites that do not adequately demonstrate alignment with the School.
Please contact the School of Medicine Office of Communications at (919) 613-8637 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional assistance.