Open Sans is the primary font for all Duke University School of Medicine communications. Multiple weights are available depending on application. It is available for free download via Google Fonts.
- Go to https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans
- Click "select this font" in the top right hand corner.
- Click the black "family selected" bar that appears at the bottom of the page so that it opens up.
- Select the down arrow at the top right of the "family selected" box to download the font to your computer.
- Find zipped folder in downloads
- Unzip folder
Go to search in the start menu.
Search for Fonts in settings.
Click on the Fonts Folder to open the Font folder
Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the unzipped fonts files into the Fonts folder to install.
Roboto Slab can be used as an alternate headline font to add variety. It should only be used for headlines, not for body copy or any other application. It is available for free download via Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Slab
Arial is to be used only for inter-office communications and/or when OpenSans is unavailable. For information on using on web pages visit: http://developers.google.com/fonts/docs/getting_started