Deadline: 5 PM EST, Friday, April 12th, 2019
Request for Proposals
The Duke University School of Medicine is pleased to announce its first call for proposals in a new program for high risk/high impact basic science research in the area of neurodegeneration. This RFP is focused on research that can be related to the biological basis for neurodegenerative disease. Priority will be given to School of Medicine investigators.
We will make two awards of $50,000 for one year to support any aspect of a new research project, excluding faculty salaries.
Proposals may come from individual investigators, or may build interdisciplinary partnerships between neuroscientists and molecular biologists, biomedical engineers, and/or physical scientists. Selection criteria will include:
- Scientific rational
- Clear articulation of the potential relationship between the proposed research and neurodegeneration.
- Potential for scientific impact
- Explanation of how the proposed research differs from other funded projects of the Principal Investigator
We expect to fund 2 projects during the present academic year.
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Title page and contact information
- Abstract of 150 words or less describing the project
- Project summary in 2 pages or less (11 point Arial font, inclusive of figures but not including citations), addressing the selection criteria listed above.
- Brief budget outlining anticipated expenses.
- NIH Biographical sketches for participating faculty.
Deadline: Proposals must be received by 5 PM EST, Friday, April 12th, 2019
Selection Process for New Awards
Proposals will be peer-reviewed, and awards announced by May 10th, 2019. Selection of peer reviewers and final funding decisions will be made by the Dean of the School of Medicine. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions but will not otherwise receive feedback from the evaluation process. Awardees will be required to submit a year-end progress report and will be expected to present their accomplishments at an informal meeting towards the end of their year of funding.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf file to: email@example.com
Notice of intent to submit an application, including the tentative title would be welcomed at the earliest possible time to: firstname.lastname@example.org