This funding is intended to provide critical start-up support for innovative projects which will enhance the learning environment for health professions students.
Eligibility: Duke University School of Medicine and School of Nursing faculty who are Duke AHEAD members. Membership information can be found here. Trainees and students may be included as collaborators. One faculty member must be designated as the Principal Investigator/ point person.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- strength of development plan for improvement of learning environment
- rigor of assessment plan (outcomes)
- broader impacts (collateral benefits beyond study/project participants)
- potential sustainability of project
- organization and quality of proposal
- dissemination plan
Up to six projects will be funded in amounts up to $10,000. Support will be limited to resources and services necessary for project implementation. Funds cannot be used as salary support. The grant review committee does reserve the right to redistribute funds based on number of applications received