Equity Matters, formerly Inclusion Matters, is a free email newsletter summarizing the latest news, events, funding opportunities, and resources relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Duke University School of Medicine.
- July 2022: Spotlight on Ed Miaom meet our new Senior Director for Strategy and Planning Carmel Hannah, and more.
- June 2022: Spotlight on Annise Weaver, Kevin Thomas looks toward an equitable future, and more.
Earlier issues of our newsletter, formerly titled Inclusion Matters, are available below.
- Issue 1: January 15-29, 2021
- Issue 2: Feburary 1-12, 2021
- Issue 3: February 23-March 5, 2021
- Issue 4: March 9-22, 2021
- Issue 5: March 23-April 2, 2021
- Issue 6: Trans Rights are Human Rights
- Issue 7: One Year Later
- Issue 8: Marching On
- Issue 9: A Plan for Change
- Issue 10: Hispanic, Latino, Latina, Latinx
- Issue 10: ART in Med Ed (October 2021)
- Issue 11: Kevin Thomas named as first Vice Dean for EID (November 2021)
- Issue 12: Rest, Reflect, Restore, and Recharge (December 2021)
- Issue 13: Don't Call People Out, Call them In (January 2022)
- Issue 14: Living Inclusively (February 2022)
- Issue 15: Updates in M2M and ODI Spotlights (March 2022)
- Issue 16: EDI Leader Spotlight, AAPI month (May 2022)