Equity Matters, formerly Inclusion Matters, is a free email newsletter summarizing the latest news, events, funding opportunities, and resources relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Duke University School of Medicine.
Click here to join our mailing list.
- February 2023: Spotlight on Anthony Fuller, MD, MScGH, Progress and Change at DUSOM, Making Transplant Selection More Equitable
- January 2023: Spotlight on Rebecca Redmond, PhD, EDI Navigator Guide, New EDI Vice Chair for Neurosurgery, and More
- December 2023: Spotlight on Julius Wilder, MD, PhD, Celebration of Charles Johnson, MD, Mapping Duke's Racial Equity Resources
- November 2022: Spotlight on Taylor Abele, Native American Heritage Month, Inclusive 2023 Calendar, and More
- October 2022: A Message from Vice Dean Kevin Thomas, MD, Lunsford Aims to Change Conversation Around Disability, and More
- September 2022: Spotlight on Johnna Frierson; Durham Pride: Ask the OEDI: Hispanic, Latino, Latina, Latinx - Which is best?
- August 2022: Spotlight on Coral May, New Vice Chairs, New EDI Vice Chairs, and more
- July 2022: Spotlight on Ed Miao, meet our new Senior Director for Strategy and Planning Carmel Hannah, and more
- June 2022: Spotlight on Annise Weaver, Kevin Thomas looks toward an equitable future, and more
Earlier issues of our newsletter, formerly titled Inclusion Matters, are available below.
- Issue 1: January 15-29, 2021
- Issue 2: Feburary 1-12, 2021
- Issue 3: February 23-March 5, 2021
- Issue 4: March 9-22, 2021
- Issue 5: March 23-April 2, 2021
- Issue 6: Trans Rights are Human Rights
- Issue 7: One Year Later
- Issue 8: Marching On
- Issue 9: A Plan for Change
- Issue 10: Hispanic, Latino, Latina, Latinx
- Issue 10: ART in Med Ed (October 2021)
- Issue 11: Kevin Thomas named as first Vice Dean for EID (November 2021)
- Issue 12: Rest, Reflect, Restore, and Recharge (December 2021)
- Issue 13: Don't Call People Out, Call them In (January 2022)
- Issue 14: Living Inclusively (February 2022)
- Issue 15: Updates in M2M and ODI Spotlights (March 2022)
- Issue 16: EDI Leader Spotlight, AAPI month (May 2022)