Create an environment that is welcoming and affirming of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) faculty, staff, learners, patients, families, friends and allies.
The Inclusion Council for Duke Medicine’s Sexual and Gender Diversity supports and advocates for an environment that is welcoming and affirming of LGBTQI faculty, staff, learners, allies, patients, families, and friends.
Understanding: Serve as a resource, provide educational programs; include LGBTQI health care issues in School of Medicine and School of Nursing curricula; for Duke Medicine faculty, staff, learners, and allies.
Advocacy: Advocate for LGBTQI inclusiveness in Duke Medicine policies and provide support to Duke Medicine personnel with expertise in LGBTQI issues such as recruitment, mentorship, professional development, and access to benefits and resources.
Visibility & Awareness: Acknowledge and celebrate LGBTQI accomplishments within the Duke Medicine and the Durham communities
Resources & References
- Duke University Personal Assistance Service 919-416-1PAS (919-416-1727)
- WorkOUT: The Duke Faculty and Staff LGBTQ Affinity Group (read more)
- School of Medicine Advisory Deans, Dr. Caroline Haynes, Director, 919-684-6528
- School of Medicine, Multicultural Resource Center, Maureen Cullins and Dr. Delbert Wigfall, Co-Directors, 919-684-5882
- Duke Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) 919-660-1000
- Duke Student Wellness Center 919-681-8421
- DukeReach 919-681-2455
- Duke Women's Center 919-684-3897
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- Trans LifeLine 1-877-565-8860
- Glossary of Terms from the Duke Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity
- News & Articles
- In Pursuit of A Duke MED Outlist
- If you'd like to be added to the Outlist, you can do so here.
- Transgender Health and HIV Webinar - Recording and Slides