Duke Health Disparities Consortium (DHDC)
- An interdisciplinary consortium of Duke faculty, staff and learners (students, residents, fellows) who are engaged/interested in health disparities work.
- The DHDC envisions serving as a clearinghouse to highlight current health disparities efforts across the institution. We aim to increase capacity, synergy and collaboration amongst our researchers, clinicians, educators, students, community partners and external academic partners resulting in greater cohesion, productivity and institutional impact on the reduction of health inequities.
- The Consortium will actively pursue and submit grant funding opportunities, collaborative partnerships and projects that bring more deliberate and intentional focus to:
*reducing and eliminating disparities
*growing Underrepresented Minorities (URMs) in academic medicine
*advancing health equity
What is DHDC?
An interdisciplinary consortium of Duke faculty, staff and learners (students/residents/fellows) who are actively engaged and/or interested in health disparities efforts.
Why Should I Get Involved?
The DHDC will serve as a central platform and repository to highlight current health disparities efforts across the institution AND will help to facilitate collaborative partnerships between researchers, clinicians, educators, students, community partners and external academic partners to accelerate the reduction of health inequities.
How Can I Join?
The Success of DHDC is wholly dependent on your participation. This is your opportunity to showcase your initiatives, projects and research AND find potential partners!
- Go to the website and fill out a short survey so we can capture and highlight the great disparities work happening across the institution.
- Once completed this will be your enrollment in the DHDC community.