The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is an integral part of many committees and councils throughout the Duke School of Medicine and larger Health System. In 2015 the ODI established the Inclusion Council, made up of faculty, staff, and learners from throughout the School of Medicine.
The goals of the council are trifold:
- Help prioritize School of Medicine diversity and inclusion goals and strategies;
- Serve as an advisory “think tank” for the Office of Diversity & Inclusion;
- Act as a liaison for department/institute/center’s goals, strategies, questions and concerns.
The ODI is also part of the following committees:
- Leadership Advisory Council on URM (Under Represented Minority) Faculty
- Hispanic & Latino Faculty Council
- Sexual and Gender Diversity Advisory Council