The Duke University Medical Alumni Association is an organization based on the common bond of being educated at Duke. Its mission is to foster and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between Duke and its medical alumni. Duke Medicine residents and fellows are all members of the Medical Alumni Association, and are eligible for all of the benefits and services that being an alumnus affords.
DMAA & GME
Duke University Hospital is one of the largest graduate medical education (GME) institutions in the country based on number of trainees and programs. The Medicine Alumni Association works in partnership with the GME office to offer programming, networking opportunities, and events for current trainees.
DMAA supported house staff programming includes:
- Orientation welcome gift given out during orientation each July
- Hoops Watches with local young alumni
- HOST program for help with traveling for fellowship interviews
- Holiday breakfast and evening gathering
- Tailgate during Medical Alumni Weekend