The Alumni Association works closely with the Office of Student Affairs to support current medical students from their first day on campus through graduation. We support students through activities including:
- Medical Families Day
- Match Day and Graduation Gifts
- Helping Our Students Travel (HOST) program
- Devil's Advocate Specialty Dinners
- Gatherings with house staff and alumni
- Providing white coats for incoming medical students
- Funding for student initiatives such as the Appleseed Award, student yearbook, and orientation activities
Student Ambassadors are current medical students who are passionate about Duke University School of Medicine and want to share that enthusiasm with alumni, parents, guests, and prospective students. Student Ambassadors are involved in the following ways:
- Provide tours of the medical campus
- Attend activities to share their medical school experiences with alumni, community members, staff, and current and prospective students
- Participate in annual phone “thank-a-thon” to express gratitude to donors of the Medical Annual Fund
- Serve as liaison between the SOM student body and the Office of Alumni Affairs
Student Ambassadors serve on an annual basis, with the opportunity to serve more than one year. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Davison Council is the student government organization for the Duke University School of Medicine.The Council works to enrich the lives of medical students through student groups, service activities and social events. The Council works closely with the Dean of the School of Medicine, the Vice-Dean of Education and the Chancellor of Health Affairs when student-related issues arise.