The Office of Student Affairs intends to create a model environment of collaborative enrichment for our staff in which each member’s strengths and interests are incorporated and through which true teamwork can emerge. We work within this environment to support and promote each medical student throughout his or her development as a student at the Duke University School of Medicine.
We strive to…
- Help each medical student derive the maximum benefit of his/her medical school experience
- Promote the personal, academic, and professional development of each student.
- Aid each student in making deliberate and thoughtful curricular and career decisions.
- Promote each student toward his or her future endeavors
- Celebrate with our students the milestones of personal and professional growth
The Office of Student Affairs provides the following services:
- Advising and counseling medical students
- National Residency Match Program
- Medical School special events (Hippocratic Oath Ceremony, White Coat Ceremony, Commencement, Match Day, Orientation, Scholarship Fair, Residency Fair, Nearly New Shoppe Luncheon)
- Third Year scholarship information and coordination
- Overseeing of student lounge in Duke North (HAFS Bldg.) including DukeCard access and locker assignments
- Maintaining and enforcing of medical student policies
- Administrative support for Aesculapian Yearbook